UKC

7 stanes - which one?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pids 12 Sep 2013
Taking the 6 year old boy MTB'ing again - he has been at Mabie a few times now and thinking of somewhere else (perhaps somewhere less hilly if possible)

Will be doing blue routes, thinking either Kirro or Dalbeattie - any recommendations?

Will have the 4 year old with us so attraction of the park at Kirro is steering us that way at present.
 ebygomm 12 Sep 2013
In reply to Pids:

Have always heard positive things said about Kirroughtree blue
 Tall Clare 12 Sep 2013
In reply to Pids:

I liked Kirroughtree as my first ever blue and really enjoyed it - and felt it stood up well to other blues I've done elsewhere. I also thought the playground looked ace for the little ones.
OP Pids 13 Sep 2013
In reply to all:

ta, anyone any thoughts on Ae?

Went there early this year, before cafe opened, but didn't try the green or blue trails - any good for the wee laddie? Also, from memory, didn't see any play park to keep the younger one happy (although he could cycle the green route if not too long I suppose)

Staying next to Mabie so don't want to travel too far away from there, just wanted another alternatice close by to try out that weekend as well

ebygomm 13 Sep 2013
In reply to Pids:

I'd go for Dalbeattie over Ae if you wanted less elevation.
OP Pids 22 Sep 2013
In reply to ebygomm:
> (In reply to Pids)
>
> I'd go for Dalbeattie over Ae if you wanted less elevation.

Did both -Ae on the Friday with 6 & 4 year old, both loved it, and then Dalbeattie on the Sat with the oldest one and two of his mates

Apparently he liked Ae the best but both were better than Mabie, and he wimped out of going there today, the soft lad!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...