UKC

Cyclist nearly annihilated B9119 Sunday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 doz 16 Sep 2013
If you are lucky guy still alive after close shave with artic just outside of Echt sunday afternoon we will gladly provide witness statement for police...didn't get his number as was too busy standing on brake pedal but we were in car coming towards you and saw it all....just happy you did not get hit but the lunatic in the truck needs speaking to.....
RCJ 16 Sep 2013
In reply to doz:

This beats the usual i hate cyclists post which i expected from the title for some reason.
Good on you for offering to help.
 Mike Highbury 16 Sep 2013
In reply to RCJ: But why would one post this on a climbing forum?
 balmybaldwin 16 Sep 2013
In reply to Mike Highbury:
> (In reply to RCJ) But why would one post this on a climbing forum?

He hasn't. This is a cycling forum (the clue is in the name)
 Mike Highbury 16 Sep 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin:
> (In reply to Mike Highbury)
> [...]
>
> He hasn't. This is a cycling forum (the clue is in the name)

Only for you, I'm afraid.
 andy 16 Sep 2013
> (In reply to balmybaldwin)
> [...]
>
> Only for you, I'm afraid.

No, I had gathered that the name "biking" probably meant that this bit of UKC is aimed at cycling related threads.
 MG 16 Sep 2013
In reply to Mike Highbury: Your're not making much sense. Why wouldn't you post this on a bike forum?
 Scomuir 16 Sep 2013
> (In reply to RCJ) But why would one post this on a climbing forum?

Because some climbers are cyclists, and this is the biking section of the forum. Why would you complain about it?

To the OP - good on you.

Trangia 16 Sep 2013
In reply to Scomuir:

No, he's right. It should have been posted on the "Planes on a Treadmill Forum"
 Milesy 16 Sep 2013
Let's be honest though you would probably get more chance of a response from the person by posting on a cycling sub section on the Jamie Oliver forum or mumsnet. I think the chances of the cyclist being one of the 15 cyclists section users on UKC being minimal. I am a cyclist and I don't even use this section.
 Sir Chasm 16 Sep 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> I am a cyclist and I don't even use this section.

Oh yes you do.

tony 16 Sep 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> Let's be honest though you would probably get more chance of a response from the person by posting on a cycling sub section on the Jamie Oliver forum or mumsnet.

How do you know he hasn't done that as well?
RCJ 16 Sep 2013

Funny, considering it's under a cycling sub section.

Im a climber & cyclist. if the OP is only a climber, then this will be his main option to try and help.

Personally i'd post this on tritalk forums, but here is relevant as well as for all you know the cyclist is only a commuter and spends his/her spare time climbing!

How about people give up trying to be keyboard warriors and accept when people are trying to help. Life isn't always about making life hard for people!
KMC 16 Sep 2013
In reply to doz:

Getting back to the actual topic!!

Doz, I'm a member of the biggest cycling club in the NE so if you want I can forward your details to the club secretary and he can send out your offer to our club and also the the other big club up here, chances are that if they were a club cyclist they would belong to one of the clubs.

The roads on the NE are getting more and more dangerous every time you go out on a cycle.

Ta

Allan
 Indy 16 Sep 2013
In reply to doz: any details of what was actually involved in this near death experience?
OP doz 16 Sep 2013
In reply to doz: Apologies...seem to have mistakenly posted on forum for the clinically deranged..will read the small print next time!
 tim000 16 Sep 2013
In reply to doz: good on you for coming forward . might be worth trying bikeradar too.
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40059

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...