UKC

Superfeet inner soles - worth the money?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ardo 22 Sep 2013
Need to replace the standard inner soles that came with me new boots and wondering what the consensus view is on Superfeet.
 Welsh Kate 22 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy:
If they still do their 30 day money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied, then yes!
Removed User 22 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy:

Absolutely fantastic.
Used them almost 15 years, only moved across to moulded footbeds from Sweatshop running store recently.
Def worth the money IMO
andymac 22 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy:

Super feet put an end to my sciatica.

Worth the money
 DaveHK 22 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy:

My suspicion is that they would be worth a punt if you had experienced issues with other footbeds. If you're fine with what you've got then why bother?
 LucaC 22 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy: Best insoles going. Have them in my b3s for long multi-day outings and they are really comfy all day. Recently got some b2s in which I used the original inners. Really sore soles after a days scrambling despite being softer boots, so I definitely think they make a difference (and will bet getting a second pair soon enough).
 BCT 22 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy: Good and have used regularly but Boots own sports orthotic (blue coloured) work better for me as they absorb more impact due to being a bit more cushioned. Also much cheaper. The boots own were recommended to me by a physiotherapist who swears by them himself.
Removed User 23 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy:
Yes.
 AdCo82 23 Sep 2013
In reply to Welsh Kate:

It's 60 day money back with superfeet even if trimmed!
 nikinko 23 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy: didn't work for me. if they work for your I'm sure they'r as good as eveyone above has said though.
 martinph78 23 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy: I didn't think so. Found them painful when just stood around and they made no difference at all. If you haven't had a problem with your boots or shoes in the past, why not just replace like for like?

london_huddy 23 Sep 2013
In reply to Martin1978:

If you've got flat-ish low arches and are not used to having support in there, then until your feet get used to them, they'll be a bit sore.

Huge difference for me, really helped with knee and hip alignment issues at a fraction of the price of more fancy foot beds.

GrahamD 23 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy:

For me they are a must - both in walking boots and the approach shoes I wear pretty much daily. They reduce the level of niggling injuries and niggles no end.
 coolhand 23 Sep 2013
Nay. I found they are too rigid and contributed to ankle weakness that means you end up having to use them all the time, good news for superfeet, not so good for you.

Sole insoles for me. Flexible and supportive.
 Neil Pratt 23 Sep 2013
In reply to coolhand:

Another vote for the SOLE inserts. Had tried Superfeet in the past and found them rather unyielding. Chatted about it with physio when I was being treated for recurring knee problems and he recommended getting shot of them and switching to SOLEs. As part of a much wider treatment regime, my knee problems largely disappeared.
In reply to nrhardy:
They do not work for me in anything other than my ski boots where they are excellent. In all other footwear they cause me problems with pain in the instep. I would say overall worth trying under their guarantee if that is what you are looking for. For me, I replace with manufacturer's own insole when its needed.
In reply to nrhardy:

It depend on your feet. Why do you want orthotics? Have you low arches? Superfeet are designed to provide arch support, usually for people who suffer from flat feet, low arches and plantar fasciitis. If you're just looking for cushioning or shock absorption, these 'supportive' insoles might even damage your feet, let alone be a hindrance!
OP Ardo 25 Sep 2013
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like they'll be worth looking at for winter boots, but too rigid for what I require. Will check out other recommendations.
As for plantar fasciitis, I have no plant or fungal growth anywhere, apart from me garden!!
 lordyosch 25 Sep 2013
In reply to nrhardy:

I've had the custom mould insoles and they were great and lasted longer than the boots, but they're about sixty quid now.

The off the shelf superfeet were better than 'bog standard' insoles but not as good as custom moulded ones.

The best thing by far though is my current set up. Properly fitted boots (at berg) with chosen by the fitter 'off the shelf' insoles.

Great fit, really comfy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...