HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - B1 boot advice please

alexgoodey on 26 Sep 2013
Hi peeps

I currently own a pair of Karrimor Coniston eVent boots for hillwalking which are very comfy but the structure is steadily degrading and the support is gradually decreasing, so I'm starting to think about the next steps - new boots and winter walking.

I am thinking about a B1 boot that'll last me from where I am now, an ML trainee, to where I hope to be in five years, an ML(W) holder.

I don't have a huge budget, so any ideas below 200 would be preferred - also, as I'm in Snowdonia regularly and occasionally pop into the Ellis Brigham discount store - feel free to include any older models which they might still have in stock (this is surprisingly common as I'm size 12)

I would prefer to have a single pair of boots suitable for all season use in the UK, fairly light, but stiff enough for basic crampons and supportive. It'll need to comfortable for 4-5 days wear at a time.

Over to you, hill sages... Thanks in advance!
... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums