UKC

Mt Aspiring (NZ) Helicopter Share?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KieranT 03 Oct 2013
Evening,

My wife and I are going to be heading to NZ for our honeymoon Nov-Dec. We're intending to climb Mt Aspiring whilst there. Rough plan is to fly in (to Colin Todd Hut), climb, then walk out. Intend to go up during first week of Dec.

I've been in touch with Aspiring Helicopters, and they can do a lift for $900. I know it's a long shot, but is anyone planning anything similar who might want to share the helicopter lift?

Cheers,
Kieran
 Root1 04 Oct 2013
In reply to KieranT:
Longshot this!
I am flying into Christchurch on the 1st Dec. Icould get there a day or two later.
And share fly in costs, but my problem is I have no one to climb with, so you would be stuck with a party of three. What route did you intend doing?
 frqnt 04 Oct 2013
In reply to KieranT:
You'll probably get more hits on here but it might be worth posting on climber.co.nz
 AdrianC 06 Oct 2013
In reply to KieranT: The other thing you could do is to contact the two guiding companies in Wanaka (Aspiring Guides and Adventure Consultants) and see if they have anyone going in around those dates that you could share with.
OP KieranT 14 Oct 2013
In reply to AdrianC:
Thanks everyone for the advice!
 rossh 15 Oct 2013
In reply to KieranT:

Bear in mind that the weather has a big bearing on whether the choppers will be flying so a degree of flexibility will be required. Aspiring helicopters will know who is planning to head in nearer the time and will try and schedule you at the same time as others provided you are a bit flexible. When we did Aspiring we sat out bad weather then went in at the same time as a group of three. If they've got more than one load they can shuttle groups from the road end at raspberry flat which is much closer to Colin Todd than their base near Wanaka. I can't remember exactly what we paid but it was much less than $900.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...