/ New Langdale Guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MFB - on 05 Oct 2013
Brilliant
MFB - on 07 Oct 2013
In reply to MFB:

Just got the new guide

Bit disappointed

Its the new format, full of great photos and comprehensive route descriptions.

Turns out what i really wanted was musty, old, linen bound with delightfully vague route descriptions and pencil drawings.

Anyway on the bright side only another 15-20 yrs to the next edition
jon on 07 Oct 2013
In reply to MFB:
> (In reply to MFB)
>
> Turns out what i really wanted was musty, old, linen bound with delightfully vague route descriptions and pencil drawings.

Ah... now there I can help you!
Skyfall - on 07 Oct 2013
In reply to MFB:

Does the description of Oak Tree Wall at Raven make any more sense? ;) I recall getting lost on that 20 years ago and the last guide didn't seem to have made much more sense of it.

Look forward to seeing it anyway; about time.
MFB - on 07 Oct 2013
In reply to jon:

recently bought a 1950's langdale guide - its brilliant, I can almost climb the hardest thing in the book and as there are only 10 climbs i might even finish the thing
Ann S on 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Skyfall:

I was going to ask exactly the same question about Original Route on the same cag. Got to go back and make more sense of that one!!
MFB - on 07 Oct 2013
In reply to Ann S: & skyfall

includes great pic of raven crag butress which should help but its a funny route
nastyned - on 07 Oct 2013
In reply to MFB: I that the one where you get to a big ledge half way up and take a stroll till you get to the start of the next pitch?
MFB - on 07 Oct 2013
In reply to nastyned:

i think that is Original Route
the pictures in the new guide will sort out that whole confusing slab
Ann S on 08 Oct 2013
In reply to nastyned:
> (In reply to MFB) I that the one where you get to a big ledge half way up and take a stroll till you get to the start of the next pitch?

That's the way I did it but I will interested to see the piccies.
ads.ukclimbing.com
GrahamD - on 08 Oct 2013
In reply to MFB:

Style aside, does anyone know whether there is a substantial change to the route coverage since the previous guide ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.