UKC

Some snaps of our recent weekend Matterhorn Trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OLDGUYBUTSTILLGOING 11 Oct 2013
 ox 11 Oct 2013
In reply to Man on a mission: Thanks brings back good memories,but a beer in the Hornli hut how much did that cost.
 Nath 11 Oct 2013
In reply to Man on a mission:

Did you do the trip in one Weekend?

I did it a few years back Friday to Monday - its amazing what you can do in a long weekend.

PeterBlackler 11 Oct 2013

Personally I feel that links to appealing, aspirational images of apparently quite feasible Alpine climbs should be banned on UKC...it's simply too corrupting for the easily influenced

[and it's hardly an important, relevant topic for debate on these forums like Miley Cyrus is it]

:-]

great photos by the way...!
 Run_Ross_Run 12 Oct 2013
Very nice pics.

What route did you use. (Know very little as you can imagine).
OLDGUYBUTSTILLGOING 12 Oct 2013
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:
Hi, it was the Hornli ridge, the snow makes a hell of a difference, but will be back next year doing the same.
In reply to Nath:

Hi, yes we climbed on the friday and spent the night in the Salvoy Hut and got back down to Zermatt after missing the lift on the Saturday around 20:30hrs.
This is a yearly long weekend outing that I seem to do.
In reply to ox: Hi, we had to walk back to Zermatt after missing the last lift, so that beer tasted wonderful.
They are constructing a new Hut and the Horli Hutte is closed till next year.
In reply to Run_Ross_Run: We took the Hornli Ridge route, but when there is snow it changes everything.
I've done this route a few times, never gets easier, I'll be back there next year.
In reply to PeterBlackler: I'm not an experience mountain guy and nearly 60yrs, I hope it gives some people the idea that sometimes you just got to try somethings, or you can just sit back and look at the pics that others can be bothered to take.
If I can do it, any fit younger guy with the mind can do it, although I wound't go with anyone I don't know.
I'll be back on the Matterhorn next year, so more pics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...