UKC

Messenger bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Donnie 12 Oct 2013
Chrome ones to be specific. I'm trying to choose between the Metropolis and the Kirov Pro.

It's mainly for taking my lap top, a change of clothes and climbing stuff to work, but also for short (one or two night) trips.

Any one have either? Any advice?

Cheers, D
 TobyA 13 Oct 2013
In reply to Donnie: How far is your commute? Always have used a messenger bag for mine except when I needed to carry a laptop too. Then a pack felt better. That's for about 50 minutes to an hour of riding 'properly'.
 Chambers 13 Oct 2013
In reply to TobyA: In a previous life I rode a bike around London for fun and money. Delivered a package to Nick Cave at number 40, Dalgarno Gardens, W10. Turned out to be one of my favourite Nick Cave albums. I was expecting some gothic castle frontage, but it turned out to be a mid-terrace council house. Nick answered my violent rapping on his door with a stripey-pajama smile and said 'What?'. I said 'Nick Cave?' He said 'Yeah?' I said 'Got a package for you from VirginMuteMotherf*ckers'.

I drew the little box out of my company-issued couriersystems black bag and handed it to the scrawny, pajama-clad person from Australia. He said 'thanks', and invited me in for a cup of tea.

I picked up one his guitars and showed him how to re-interpret the old blues classic 'Stack-a-Lee'. A few years later, a bastardised version of that song appeared on his 'Murder Ballads' album. Do I get any credit?

The point is this. Doesn't matter what you carry your shit around in. The only important consideration is how you carry your shit around.

Plane-Crash Chat: Want your shit to live on after your death? Buy Samsonite.
 Chambers 13 Oct 2013
In reply to Chambers
Buy Samsonite.

I swear I wasn't paid to say that.

Donnie 13 Oct 2013
In reply to TobyA: twenty minutes with a fifty minute train ride in the middle
Donnie 13 Oct 2013
In reply to Chambers: i do hope that's true. I'm having an inner battle with myself over forking out an extortionate amount of money to see him at the end of he month.
 lost1977 13 Oct 2013
In reply to Chmemories)who Did you work for I was a messenger for many years myself (spat on the steps of downing street when I delivered to Tony amongst many mad memories)
 Timmd 14 Oct 2013
In reply to Donnie: My brother bought a messenger bag for cycle couriering in London in the early 90's made by Timbuk2 and it's still going strong without any signs of wear.

It's the most bombproof bombproof thing since the term 'bombproof' was invented. ()
 Timmd 14 Oct 2013
In reply to Donnie: I know that doesn't answer your question, but it's a very tough bag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...