UKC

Downloadable maps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber david 18 Oct 2013
Hi

Dont know of this has come up before but I couldnt find anything when I searched.

Does anyone know of a place you can download maps, preferably without having to use memory map (i.e. pdfs/jpegs etc.)

I dont mind paying a bit (up to about the same as an OS map)

If posible they would be similar to the OS explorer series

If anyone has any ideas then cheers in advance

David
 JIMBO 18 Oct 2013
In reply to climber david: have you looked at the OS website?
"getamap" might be what you want...
Removed User 18 Oct 2013
In reply to climber david: Hi Have you tried the Ordinance Survey "get a map" web site.
Used it a couple of times to download sections of a map and it worked well.
OP climber david 18 Oct 2013
In reply to climber david:

Yeah had a look at it but was hopefully looking for something I could download from. As far as I know getamap only allows you to view online or download an A4 size map section. I was wondering if there was a way of downloading a whole explorer sheet or somehing along thos lines.

Cheers

David
KevinD 19 Oct 2013
In reply to climber david:

What sort of use are you looking at? Is it just offline services?
If so Anquet (and various others) have a free program for maps and then buy the maps you need as and when, inc OS series.
In reply to climber david: I use Grough Route (www.grough.co.uk)For a small subscription I have unlimited views of 25k & 50 k maps of all the UK with a facility to print A4 sections with a generous allowance per year. Seems to me like a good deal compared to OS or Anquet. It has some route generation ability but I don't use it.
grice_philip 20 Oct 2013
In reply to climber david: you could try maps.the-hug.net.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...