UKC

Winterised Camper Van

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 dave frost 23 Oct 2013
premier post photo
For sale is my amazing winterised sprinter campervan, It has been converted to a high standard from a Long Wheel based, high top sprinter.

The conversion consists of a full gas system fed from an underslung 30l LPG gas tank. The heating is from a Propex HS2800. This keeps the van snug and warm even down to the temperatures experienced in the alpine winter. Our last trip was Chamonix over Chrstmas 2012 and we were always warm. Because we used high qualiuty DOW RTMX to insulate the vehicle the heat loss is small. The whole van has been insulated apart from the cab. The floor, walls ceiling and rear barn doors all have a layer of DOW RTMX.

The electrical system has all been built and installed by Travel volts. We have high quality LED lighting fitted throughout.

Because the van is designed for the alpine winter the ventilation system is also excellent. There are three extractor fans that can the operated speerately and at variable speeds. One is directly above the hob, to help remove steam when cooking meals like pasta. The second is in the toilet/shower area. The third is in the rear part of the van where the owners will eat and sleep.

The inside of the van has been constructed using beautiful beech faced ply, which not only looks amazing, but is also very strong. I have taken a long time to do a good job of the woodwork, and in fact, we have not felt the need to line the van with any fabric. The woodwork stands out as a feature. There is storage under one bed box, used mainly for bedding and quilts. There is also ample over head lockers for clothing. Ther are also over head lockers in the kitchen area, as well as a large built in trunk for general purpose bulk storage (ski boots!).

The toilet is a Swedish built composting toilet. This works brilliantly and, due to it's fantastic design, doesn't smell at all. Unlike the flushing variety which smell terrible and force the handling of raw sweage. This is not the case with a compoting toilet. The shower is fed from an internal 100 l water tank with electric pump to give a good shower which is better than some hotels! We also have a Malaga water heater for hot water. The shower/toilet area is completely enclosed and private, and accessed through a sliding door that fully closes.

If your going away with friends the bed boxes have been designed to be just big enough to use a single bed, so you wont have to cosy up with your mates. the bed is also comfortable for people up to 6ft tall.

The van has a built immobiliser alarm with keyfob activation and an internal movement sensor. There is ample storage for everything you need. This has been designed as a ski van, but we also take climbing gear and we have never been short of storage space.

The van also come complete witha full set of Michelin Alpina winter tyres and a full set of snow chains.

The sprinter is a powerful yet economical van and this particular van has very low mileage at only 69946 miels this van will go on for at least another 400000 miles. Sprinters are built to last and this conversion was built the same.

The size and shape of this van make it great to drive and easy to manoeuvre.

Email me for more pictures, I have lots !!!

£13000 ONO
 robin popham 24 Oct 2013
In reply to dave frost:e-mail me some photos pls. Just to be clear does this just have a single bed?? ta
 richy85 24 Oct 2013
In reply to dave frost: Hi Dave,

Can you send me some pictures please?

Cheers
Stormydog 24 Oct 2013
Hi Dave, Could I have some pics, does it have a service history, and is it registered as a van or campervan?

Thanks

John
 Tim Sparrow 24 Oct 2013
In reply to dave frost: How many seats for travelling and how many beds please (1 or 2)?
OP dave frost 25 Oct 2013
In reply to Tim Sparrow: Hime, there are 3 travelling seats in the front. The cab hasn't been changed really.

The seat boxes are big enough to use as single beds, but we do have fittings to support 2 more cushions to fill in the space to make one large bed. The photos cover this aspect of the van.

We have used good quality furniture foam from a local supplier which makes the bed very comfortable. I think it's 6 inches thick off the top of my head (can check).

Thanks
Dave

briansankey 26 Oct 2013
In reply to dave frost: can you send pics to briansankey@hotmail.com please and is this registered as a van or camper van
OP dave frost 05 Nov 2013
In reply to dave frost: Because I'm looking for a quick (isn) sale, I'm going to drop the asking price to £10500 ONO.

Thanks
Dave
 PaulN 07 Nov 2013
In reply to dave frost:
yhm
 climber73 08 Nov 2013
In reply to dave frost:
Hi - if van not yet sold, lots of photos please - thanks

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...