UKC

Wheres dry in europe (+ surrounding areas) over the UK winter?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve nevers 28 Oct 2013
Looking to get some trips in to get some warm and some climbing in, mainly due to not getting out enough this summer.

Was looking at Morocco maybe, but I haven't got a clue where to look at over there currently, So thought i'd ask you lot!

Guess i'm looking for somewhere that'll be dry, cheap enough for a week there, and hopefully some trad/sport/bouldering all nearby, although i may fold and accept just sport/bouldering.

Please help!
 lost1977 28 Oct 2013
In reply to Steve nevers:

not all of morocco will be dry the north certainly won't be
Hi Steve,
Take a look at Malta. I have done several trips out there and it is rapidly becoming my fav winter destination. If you think it appeals and you are flying solo, let me know as I can put you in touch with a top notch local guide.
OP Steve nevers 28 Oct 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: Thanka, think i'll research in Malta as a possibility to start with then, they'll be at least 2 maybe more of us going, but would still be nice to have a contact anyhow.
 The Mole 28 Oct 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: www.climb-tafraout.com
 Chriswallis2 28 Oct 2013
Only place I have been in winter is Morocco. As above went to the anti-atlas range near Tafroute, a few hrs drive SE of Agadir. Just went trad climbing, perfect weather, tonnes of rock and a decent guidebook.
 jimtitt 28 Oct 2013
It´s worth knowing that the rainy season in the Med starts in the west in October and moves across so early spring it is wettest in the eastern end. Dec/Jan is wettest in Greece and the Agean but the rainfall is reducing in Spain for example.
OP Steve nevers 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: Spain and Morocco seem to the preferred options by my climbing partner, cheap as chips also being preferred! So thinking Spain might be the more affordable of the two, any areas to look at?
 Simon Alden 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: Malta and Gozo would normally have good weather in winter and the new sport climbing guidebook goes to press next week with over 500 sport routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...