Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Neoshell - Anyone else disappointed?

Katherine Ross - on 28 Oct 2013
Has anyone else got clothing made of NeoShell and found it's worn out far quicker than they would expect? I've had my Rab Stretch Neo jacket for around 20 months, and have been very disappointed with its durability. The last time I used it in heavy rain for a full day was back in March, and it was leaking after about an hour while my legs (Gore Tex Performance Shell) stayed completely dry. The face fabric has gone all bobbly and in the past couple of months the waterproof membrane has started to crack and flake away around the hood and across the shoulders so water comes in immediately. My boyfriend has the same jacket and his has failed in exactly the same way after less time, although he is probably a bit rougher on his. I don't think I've put mine through anything a good waterproof wouldn't be able to cope with and I do look after my gear.

I think I'm going to see what Rab say about it but wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience with theirs.
... not showing 53 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums