UKC

big corner - Portland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 29 Oct 2013
Is the classic Frightfest big corner still a Proper Shaky Trad route, or has it been retrobolted?

Anyone Know?
 dale1968 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Choss: Still a trad route, I believe
OP Choss 29 Oct 2013
In reply to dale1968:
> (In reply to Choss) Still a trad route, I believe

Thats good. ill add that to my to do List then.
 Mick Ward 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Choss:

Best to get down early in the morning so you don't have to queue.

Mick
OP Choss 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Mick Ward:

Was figuring i would have to Leave my Kit first in Line Below big corner, and camp overnight to bag my slot!
 Mick Ward 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Choss:

Stay vigilant! The sneaky so and sos will douse their head-torches, creep past you in the darkness and... get on the route first!

Tim Dunsby seconded a well-known CC editor on Big Corner in trainers. Apparently aforesaid leader was somewhat unamused (if there is such a word). Self-effacing Tim modestly mused, "Well, it's not really technical..."

And I'm sure it's not. I'm equally sure the spectre of impending doom will keep prospective leaders awake.

Good luck! Let us know if you survive the encounter.

Mick
 Cusco 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Choss: In Bill Birkett's Classic Climbs in Southern England there's a funny picture of his young looking nephew looking somewhat perturbed on the route. He's wearing a pink tshirt, blue shorts, boreal ninjas with white sports socks and a sports knee brace. The name of this young hotshot? - one Master Dave Birkett or some such punter...
 Dave 88 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Choss:

Where is this on Portland?
OP Choss 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

Ssshhh!

You either Know or you dont.

Cant say. Afeared people might leach over From the cuttings and Turn a Proper route into a sanitised Clip up job.
OP Choss 29 Oct 2013
In reply to Mick Ward:

Cheers bud.

will let you Know how it goes. bound to be an Adventure, hopefully not an Epic.

A Friend has agreed to a weekend on (not in) Portland. Hes probably thinking Clip up routes. I havent told him my real objective is big corner. hopefully maniacal Laughter on car Journey wont give the Game away

i

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...