UKC

Learning to ski

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MPSBunny 31 Oct 2013
Hi,

I want to learn to ski but have no real idea where to begin. I'm hoping to get out to France around Easter time but I have no other plans than that.

Any advise appreciated.

Ben
3arnotg 31 Oct 2013
In reply to MPSBunny: ok ben, my best bet would be to get out there and have some lessons from the ski school guys. however this can be quite pricey, so if you have other people with you that are beginners or some better people who have the patience to deal with you then just go with them. thats how i learnt and saved about £300. once you know how to snowplough then your on the right tracks!
the other alternative is to take me with you and get free instruction
 karinbradbury 01 Nov 2013
In reply to MPSBunny: Don't get your mates to teach you! Just because you can do something doesn't mean you can effectively teach someone else. Get some lessons, learn the basics properly, it's a much quicker route to becoming a decent skiier than getting your mates to teach you and winging it. And if you're going to spend a significant amount of money on a skiing holiday, get some lessons on an artificial slope in the uk before you go so you can get the most out of the holiday. Most slopes run beginners courses that will get you to basic snowplough turns without breaking the bank.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...