UKC

BD verdict/aspect/k2 wayback/dynastar legend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nodwas 11 Nov 2013
So have kind of narrowed my ski touring ski selection down to the above four.

Black diamond verdict - good downhill performance and not to heavy

BD Aspect - Lighter weight maybe slightly less fun downhill

K2 wayback - Lighter weight again

Dynastar legend - Heavy but cheaper and will do the job

Im wanting a touring setup for uk and alpine stuff im a good skier just getting into ski touring! Can anyone help me narrow down my choice?

Or if anyone is selling a setup 160-170 let me know!

Thanks
 Henry Iddon 12 Nov 2013
In reply to nodwas:

I ski on a Verdicts - they are pretty heavy with a Freeride Plus binder compared to other stuff around ( although the newer versions may be lighter). That said I like 'em.

Given the budget I'd go for Whitedot Ranger Carbonlites now.
 Blinder 12 Nov 2013
In reply to nodwas: I have a pair of the BD verdicts paired with a pair of Pulm guide binding. Which works for me light enough on the up but fun on the down.
Really depends on your binding choice and your fitness level / skiing ablibity relative to your mates.
paraffin 12 Nov 2013
In reply to nodwas:

You have narrowed down on a very good range.

I suggest when you finally decide, you move to the next phase - commit to buying and ski your chosen model.

Then adapt your style to the ski.

Good luck
OP nodwas 13 Nov 2013
In reply to nodwas:

One more choice is some of the trab skis can probably get them at trade but not heard of them much!
 Blinder 14 Nov 2013
In reply to nodwas: Trab skis are good and well made, have tow pairs of the World Cup race. They are more orientated at the 100% tour market. They also do bindings.
 DaveHK 14 Nov 2013
In reply to nodwas:
> (In reply to nodwas)
>
> One more choice is some of the trab skis can probably get them at trade but not heard of them much!

The Ripido looks good.
 The Bushman 14 Nov 2013
In reply to nodwas: bought K2 backup this year with fritchi pro freerides. Rides really well. Tips amazing as helps float on powder. The choices are good pick what suits your style! This is my second set of k2' s I love them. Wayback, backup are all solid skis
 NottsRich 14 Nov 2013
In reply to The Bushman: Have you used these on steep lines and on piste before? I'm looking at a set for touring, but as a do-it-all type of ski. A little concerned they'll be a bit too lightweight and not float too well in powder being on 82mm. Any thoughts? Cheers.
 DaveHK 14 Nov 2013
In reply to NottsRich:
> (In reply to The Bushman) Have you used these on steep lines and on piste before? I'm looking at a set for touring, but as a do-it-all type of ski. A little concerned they'll be a bit too lightweight and not float too well in powder being on 82mm. Any thoughts? Cheers.

Don't know about Backups but Waybacks give very good float for their size. Too light for the piste though unless you're just cruising. For steeps, they work as long as you don't mind taking your time a bit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...