UKC

smallest screwgate ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 top cat 12 Nov 2013
weight is not an issue but I'm looking for a small screwgate krab, as short as possible along the length.

Any obvious ones to look at??
 Choss 12 Nov 2013
In reply to top cat:

Troll do some Nice and small ones. Lightweight too. Cant Remember their name, but Dicks Climbing has them on his shop website.
 GrahamD 12 Nov 2013
In reply to top cat:

Any particular application ? if you want really short, a maillon is the obvious thing to consider.
OP top cat 12 Nov 2013
In reply to GrahamD:
> (In reply to top cat)
>
> Any particular application ? if you want really short, a maillon is the obvious thing to consider.

Maillon won't cut it, although it is for caving use where maillons are often used. Ahh, come to think on it, if I can find a short and wide (wide for a maillon that is) one, that might be worth a look........going to investigate now

Nathan Adam 12 Nov 2013
In reply to top cat: don't think they get much smaller than these ones.

http://www.dicksclimbing.com/collections/hardware/products/metolius-bravo-s...
Removed User 12 Nov 2013
In reply to top cat:

Not sure how it compares to others already mentioned, but the DMM Phantom Screwgate might also be worth mentioning.
estivoautumnal 12 Nov 2013
In reply to top cat:

Try a delta link.
 mrchewy 12 Nov 2013
In reply to top cat: The Grivel Plume - got one myself. The lightest there is I believe.
 SouthernSteve 12 Nov 2013
In reply to mrchewy:
I took some of the very small light Grivel karabiners to the Alps this summer and I found them awkward to handle even with gloves off so although I would use them again, for many purposes I favour something with a longer screw that is easy to open and close and that is a little bigger.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...