UKC

BioLite Twig stoves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 14 Nov 2013
Anybody used a Biolite stove?

Any personal views on their cooking/charging Capabilities.

Bit Pricey and Heavy, but i really like the idea.

Thanks.
 csw 14 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss:

I've never used or seen the commercial models but I did make one of my own - Assuming that the biolite works at least twice as well as mine, then I'd say it should be a useful piece of kit.

Here's some pics of the one[s] I made:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201111754928567.1073741825.1009...

Incidentally I made four of these before I hit the point of diminishing returns - Have given one away but I'm reluctant to bin the other two as they work quite well - so if you or anyone else wants them and would be prepared to cover the postage, they're there for the asking.
 WILLS 14 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss: bio lite have a USB on them if I'm not mistaken. They provide electric as they burn or something like that.
OP Choss 14 Nov 2013
In reply to WILLS:
> (In reply to Choss) bio lite have a USB on them if I'm not mistaken. They provide electric as they burn or something like that.

Yes. Thats one reason im Interested. Micro generation as well as cooking.

Looking for positive feedback before i sell my Force ten mk2 to buy one at 130 Notes. A lot for me for a stove.
 nightclimber 14 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss: I have a biolite. They do what they set out to do: provide a way of turning fire into electricity when you're travelling. I find the biolite worthwhile if I'm staying put for a while, rather than moving around. Downsides: they're relatively heavy and I wouldn't take it on a trip where I'm travelling light; you need to keep them going for quite a while to get a decent charge into a smartphone. If you've got good weather, a free-loader combined with a lighter stove might be a better bet. If you get one, it's worth getting the biolite grill that fits easily onto the stove.
 d_b 14 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss:

Bear in mind that assuming it works you need enough fuel to keep the thing hot for however long you need to do your charging.
 WILLS 14 Nov 2013
In reply to Choss: I've just got a power monkey. Did alright as long as I only watched one film a day. It kept the iPhone ticking over.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...