UKC

Swapping Dynafit binding (Vertical ST for Speed Radical)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 frqnt 17 Nov 2013
I want to know what's involved to replace the Vertical ST's (currently fitted to my Manaslu's) with Speed Radical's?

Will the Speed Radical binding fit to the existing holes (that currently accommodate the Vertical ST) or are new holes going to be required to do so - i.e. is the jig/hole pattern the same?
Haggis Trap 17 Nov 2013
In reply to frqnt:

AFAIK Speed, comfort and radical all have the same hole pattern.

Should be able to reuse the same holes if your careful and dont thread them.
Shearwater 17 Nov 2013
In reply to frqnt:
The *Vertical* series have a different set of toe holes to the *Radical* series. The heel mounting holes are identical, but you'll need to move the toe piece either forward or backward because Dynafit in their wisdom decided that the new hole pattern would interfere with the old. Ho hum.
craigloon 17 Nov 2013
In reply to frqnt:

What Shearwater said.

I noticed this when I was remounting a new Speed Radical where there once were Plum.

2 of the toepiece holes should be OK (provided they haven't been stripped), so you would just need to decide whether to use the existing forward or aft pair of holes and drill drill a new pair accordingly.

I have a feeling on older Vertical bindings there was a fifth hole at the centre front of the toepiece, which has now been dispensed with completely.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...