UKC

Scarpa Phantom Guides & Crampon fit....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
molly2202 18 Nov 2013
Anyone got any experiences of fitting crampons to these? Ive recently bought a pair, seems my trusty G14's may needf tinkering with in order to fit better...

Anyone any experience of using the narrower front Wire bail, and Assymetric bars? if so, how easy the modifications? Do they fit better? Any thing else I need to know before doing these Mods??

ta
 Ander 18 Nov 2013
In reply to molly2202:

It's not uncommon for Phantoms to be a bit fiddly.
http://coldthistle.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/your-crampon-fit.html

Ander 18 Nov 2013
In reply to Ander: The solution seems to be go for some Dartwins- which isn't all bad as they're pretty cheap since the Lynx came in.
 smuffy 18 Nov 2013
In reply to molly2202: I had G14s and couldn't get them to fit at all although in all fairness I din't persevere for too long. I went and got a set of Petzl Lynx which fit perfectly. Absoluetly no movement between bails at all and totally flexible as they also fit my B2 boots glove a glove.
 ColdWill 19 Nov 2013
In reply to molly2202: I got my Rambo Comps to fit my Ultras simply by squeezing the bar tighter standing on it. They have the same bar as the G14 so it shouldn't be much problem and gives a really good fit.
Removed User 19 Nov 2013
In reply to molly2202:

I used this combo a couple of years ago, and don't remember having any particular problem. Maybe the size of the boots makes a difference.

Possibly the bail used on the G20s might be better, or even the one Petzl use on the Darts - I think I've read that they're a narrower fit.
 David Bennett 19 Nov 2013
In reply to molly2202: I've got BD cyborgs and the fit with std front bails was horrible. Narrow front bails curtesy of Needlesports sorted the problem. Very easy to fit. Assymetric bars may improve the fit further.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...