UKC

Group Crags in Telford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BWard 02 Dec 2013
Just wondering if anyone knew of any good group crags in the Telford area? I am working in that area in a couple of months and was hoping to do a climb and abseil session.
cheers
 ndippie 31 Dec 2013
In reply to BWard:
Hi,

I live in the telford area and there are a few small crags in the close(ish) area. Nescliffe is a soft sandstone crag - harder in the grades but has some great spots for abing if the main quary area is free.

You also have Pontesford Rocks which have a small variety of routes on easy and harder angles, this is a good spot for groups although not a lot of options for abing.

Finally if you want to go a little futher heading to clwyd limestone crags are worth the extra distance, Trevor has some easy to mid grade sports if you climb in the 5's to mid 6's then this place is great - the large quary at the top allows for some abing as well - you also have one of my personal favourite crags Worlds end mainly a trad crag with some wonderful routes and a stunning setting.

If you fancy someone to have a quick scout out and climb with give me a shout always up for a bit of climbing.
Post edited at 15:48
OP BWard 04 Jan 2014
In reply to ndippie:

Cheers for the info. Is Pontesford ok for groups then? I noticed on the BMC RAD site they ask that groups look elsewhere. I popped down in November to have a look around and thought that Pontesford was the best option (the hotel we are staying at is 30 mins from here) but was unsure about the access for groups, and i don't want to upset the local climbing population.

Once again cheers for the info
 timjones 04 Jan 2014
In reply to BWard:

> Cheers for the info. Is Pontesford ok for groups then? I noticed on the BMC RAD site they ask that groups look elsewhere. I popped down in November to have a look around and thought that Pontesford was the best option (the hotel we are staying at is 30 mins from here) but was unsure about the access for groups, and i don't want to upset the local climbing population.

It would be good to know who is asking groups to look elsewhere.
OP BWard 04 Jan 2014
In reply to timjones:

I was thinking that but not being local to the area (lakes based) i don't want to pee people off by bringing a group to climb at the venue. I know that Shropshire Wildlife trust manage the sight so i assumed they would be the ones.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...