UKC

Give way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 earlsdonwhu 07 Dec 2013
Big sign and white lines. How many more clues do you need to keep your eyes open for a cyclist in highly visible fluo top? Well, Mr Bond of Kenilworth? Blind spot???? Bollox!

Yep. Knocked off bike again! Never any problems in 50 years and now twice in a year by drivers at junctions. I can see why people are taking to filming their journeys!
 Piers 08 Dec 2013
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

Sorry to hear another off.

I bought a Contour Roam for that very reason. I ride around London so it is extremely useful to have on my helmet. Also piece of mind for my actions too should I get involved in another accident. Most common is the ‘turn left then indicate’ incidents. I could make a full length feature film of all the potential accidents that I have avoided that have been captured. Same goes for all the stupid things I have recorded that other cyclists do.

One thing I have noticed is that since wearing the camera, motorists give me space when at stoplights, junctions and turnings. It also shuts them up when they start shouting at me through their window and I point at the camera. They suddenly realise that their actions are being recorded!

A sound investment!

Ride safe!

P.

ByEek 09 Dec 2013
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

Oh dear. Bad luck. Sadly, filming doesn't stop the accident from happening and is of little consequence when you are nursing broken bones. Hope you get better soon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...