UKC

Wye Valley

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tommccluskey 11 Dec 2013
With the rain forecast on Friday, where is the best chance of finding dry rock on Saturday in the Wye valley? Trad or sport is fine, probably up to e2 ish or sport up to 7a but with a nice warm up or two as well if that makes any difference

Cheers,

Tom
 3 Names 11 Dec 2013
In reply to tommccluskey:

Id say shornecliff for trad, wyndcliff for sport.
 The Pylon King 11 Dec 2013

Wyndcliff for both and will get all the sun.

Shorncliff will be shady and damp
 Choss 11 Dec 2013

North wall at Wintours Leap could be a good bet if you want Longer mid Grade Trad. Gets a bit of sun, Dries quick, bottom can be a bit dreepie, but not much.
 The Ivanator 11 Dec 2013

Wyndcliff for sure. The left hand of the main crags is more open and dries fastest, the quarry is also fast drying for bolted stuff (nothing too distinguished there though).
Sinew HVS and Fibre VS are both great routes on the LH trad crag and the Don looks good at E2.
Tintern Quarry for sport and Shorncliffe for trad.
 hms 11 Dec 2013
In reply to I like climbing:

Tintern quarry will get little sun at this time of year, except on the 30' wall and the somewhat loose and limited routes above it. So at the OPs grade range can't help thinking elsewhere might be better.
 Choss 11 Dec 2013

Mid Grade slabs - Ruspidge is open. Dont Know how Long it Takes to Dry Though?

shorn Cliff Probably be a bit bogging. And ban y gor and the yat.
OP tommccluskey 11 Dec 2013

Thanks for all the replies - Wyndcliffe was looking good but unfortunately my partner can't make it anymore so will have to wait for another time (unless anyone fancies a climb on saturday?)

Cheers anyway though, i'll know for next time at least!

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...