UKC

Suggestions for warm, Easter sport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toerag 11 Dec 2013
Our club are thinking of places to go at Easter next year. They're looking for lots of F5c-6b sport and whatever exists in the higher grades somewhere warm, but not the opposite side of the world. Kalymnos and El Chorro have been done already. Antalya guidebook looks a bit sparse for those grades.
SELouise 11 Dec 2013
In reply to Toerag:
I'd highly recommend Mallorca. Been there twice now, once at Easter with the uni club (35 ppl) and again in September with a few friends. Hundreds of sport routes and multipitches and a great introduction to DWS as well. Weather is good at that time of year but the sea is freezing! Also some really nice hiking to do on rest days. Flights are cheap and so is accommodation.

There's a fair amount of driving if you want to try out all the large popular crags on the island but you can get from one side of the island to the other in under an hour so just bring a few good maps or sat nav and you'll be fine. Some great beaches as well.

The rock is fantastic(just look at the guidebook)and theres a huge range of grades- plenty of 4s and 5s for beginners!
Post edited at 19:54
 pamph 11 Dec 2013
In reply to Toerag:

Another vote for Mallorca. Having been there lots of times walking, running, cycling and climbing I think it has everything!
 scott titt 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Toerag:

San Vito lo Capo Sicily
OP Toerag 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Toerag:

Thanks guys! I agree with you on the cold water spoiling the DWS option SELouise! I've replied to your mail as well as passing it on .
 Owen W-G 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Toerag:

Sardinia also an obvious choice. Lots of stuff to go at in the 5s and 6s. We had glorious weather in March when we went.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...