UKC

On-One / Planet X Bikes Customer service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
johnj 18 Dec 2013
Fantastic bikes, excellent price points, even got a shop in Barnsley now but is it just me, or is their customer service skills in the flesh somewhat lacking and they somehow always come across as elitist?

<note>this view does not apply to the Ladies I've dealt with there, they have been 100% as good as they can be.</note>
 TobyA 18 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:
They've made a couple of mistakes in orders I've made but their online team have always promptly sorted them out for me. They sent me a cap recently when I had order a wooly hat, they've since sent me hat and told me to keep the cap. I'm sure it cost them pennies, but still it keeps the customers happy and well inclined towards them.

Never been to the shops though.

I have ordered a couple of cheaper things from them and, well, they were cheap and not too great - a little saddle bag with a zip that quickly broke for example and their cheap jerseys whilst having lots of nice features are an odd cut. I'm sure they just buy a job lot from a chinese factory in such cases but I hope as they roll out new Podsac range, they don't go that way at all even if the prices do go down significantly.
Post edited at 09:50
 nniff 18 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:

I've dealt with them on the phone and they've been very helpful. When I had a problem with a tyre separating they sorted that out quickly too. No gripes from me.

THe flip side of the coin of 'elitism' is that if you yourself are operating at a higher level (or are aspiring to) and are in the market for a planet x rocket ship then a bit of elitism might be just what you're after. Not that I am, mind
 Alun 18 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:
> or is their customer service skills in the flesh somewhat lacking and they somehow always come across as elitist?

Perhaps, but one of the reasons I choose Planet X over many other shops/brands is precisely because they know what they're talking about. Their market niche is the cycling enthusiast who knows the difference between a chainset and a chainring. This may come across at 'elitism', but that is something I am willing to accept in return for a deep knowledge and genuine interest in the products that they sell.
johnj 18 Dec 2013
In reply to Alun:
I wouldn't say their knowledge is deeper the average. And if we make comparisons locally I find places like Race scene or the bike tree just that bit more real. Maybe it's just me who's a bit of an arse.
Post edited at 12:08
 Exile 18 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:

I've only ever got one of their own brand bikes from them - custom service re this was great, and the bike is awesome.
johnj 18 Dec 2013
In reply to Exile:

Cool cheers, it must be me, maybe was a bad hair day. All good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...