Manager Post for Kendal Wall, The Lakeland Climbing Centre
The Lakeland Climbing Centre operates one of the country’s largest climbing walls at its Kendal location and is now seeking to hire a new Manager as part of its expansion plans in 2014. These expansion plans include the provision of a Crazy Climb facility as well as a Via Ferrata indoor ropes course.
The Manager’s role will include responsibility for running the Crazy Climb and Via Ferrata businesses. This will include finalisation of the physical set-up of the facilities and putting in place all operational procedures. This role will have ongoing accountability for leadership, financial performance, safety, customer care, staff morale and motivation and the overall growth and promotion of the business.
In addition, the successful candidate will join the management team of The Lakeland Climbing Centre and be expected to contribute to the broader management of the overall Centre in Kendal, with a particular view to communications.
Applicants should have a number of the following attributes:
- Experience of management in the leisure industry, ideally with direct and relevant experience in climbing walls and/or ropes courses;
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and highly energetic with a desire to build a successful business that is customer focused;
- Experience of computers and basic programmes such as Word, Excel and Outlook or similar;
- Great team player who has the flexibility to help out in all aspects of the Centre, including ‘mucking’ in when required and an essential ‘can do’ attitude;
- Availability and preparedness to work evenings and weekends.
Promotional prospects are attractive given the rapidly growing nature of The Lakeland Climbing Centre. The exact scope of the current role will be determined during final discussions with the preferred candidate. Salary and bonus scheme will also be determined but will likely be at least £18,000 and materially more for the right candidate.
If this exciting opportunity should appeal to you, please send a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate drawing up a shortlist of preferred candidates for interviews in the first half of January, deadline for applications is Tuesday 14th January.