UKC

Drumochter today.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Slugain Howff 30 Dec 2013
In reply to moffatross:

Superb - I had intended doing similar yesterday but one thing led to another!!

S
Srick 30 Dec 2013
In reply to moffatross:

Im very tempted to do this tour. Bit of a trek from inverness though. What route did you take?
moffatross 30 Dec 2013
In reply to RichardAWatson:

Even more of a trek from Moffat. Route was eyed up as we went along but was roughly from lay-by on A9 (2630,7761), SW via ridge line to Sgairneach Mhor summit, NNW picking up gully down to Allt Coire Dhomhain, then 1km NE allongside burn to pick up ridge line NW to col marked 861 m on 1:25K OS map before going NE to A'Marconaich summit. Backtracked to pick up easterly descent near fence line down to the col then from the Boar, took the fall line ENE to railway.

In reply to Slugain Howf:

We saw a couple of other small groups on the hills yesterday, they were all smiling too.
In reply to moffatross:

Nice, thank you. You may have met James and Nikki, they did same tour yesterday. Heading up to do it on 2nd January mebbe.
Srick 30 Dec 2013
In reply to moffatross:

thank you very much for that. most defiantly going for it in the next weather window. doesn't look so good the next few days!
moffatross 31 Dec 2013
In reply to RichardAWatson and nickinscottishmontains:

Have fun and do take care. While I was the honorary photographer in the party, what my flickr pimping didn't expose were the areas of concerning wind slab we came across above about 800 metres and the knee-threatening crust most of the way down the Boar !! :P

Cheers, Ross
Tim Chappell 31 Dec 2013
In reply to moffatross:

> the knee-threatening crust

Yep. Hence my contour-then-sit-down-to-turn approach a couple of days ago.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...