UKC

kota kinabalu

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ben07 30 Dec 2013
hi, has any body done any climbing on the plateau of kota kinabalu?? or knows any info about permits to actually climb there. only info i keep finding is about tour packages. hoping to be able to do it on the cheap. thanks. ben.
 Rob 31 Dec 2013
In reply to Ben07:

Hi Ben, Do you mean on the summit plateau of Mt kinabalu? I've climbed this so if you want any info, send me an e-mail - robbogue@aol.com. Cheers, Rob
 Offwidth 31 Dec 2013
In reply to Ben07:

you need permits. I'd contact Camp 4 in Kl a climbing wall who I think will have contacts to help you.
OP Ben07 31 Dec 2013
In reply to Ben07:

thanks offwidth, and ive just sent you an email. rob
thanks ben
 Denni 31 Dec 2013
In reply to Ben07:

Hi Ben,
as someone has already asked, do you mean summiting KK or rock climbing?

If it is climbing or even both, drop me a message and I'll give you some info.
Cheers, Den
OP Ben07 31 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Hi den. I was hoping to do both. I, ll deffinetley be doing the summit, but would like, to do some proper rock climbing if possible. I.ll be travelling with my climbing gear any way. I'm going alone aswell, so finding a partner is probly gonna be an issue. Cheers ben
 Offwidth 02 Jan 2014
In reply to Ben07:

You have to be mad to take gear beyond shoes and a harness unless you have a partner lined up and are splitting what you bring. South summit is a very photogenic short scramble the trick with that was to avoid the guides. We stayed at Syat Syat which was a rat infested tin hut in those days so the guides went back down to the hotel. I then went up and soloed the S summit to have a bit of fun before bed and help with sleeping at that altitude. We did it again after hanging around following the early morning main summit walk. As tempting as the climbing may be the main reason to do this is the scenery and flora on the way up... I'd say it's the best reasonable big mountain for walkers I know of for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...