UKC

MRS Micro rocket or pocket rocket???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Flat4matt 01 Jan 2014
Which one would you go for with regards for stability and performance? is the micro worth the extra fiver or so?
Cheers
Matt
 Choss 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Flat4matt:

Ive got a pocket rocket. Perfectly adequate all year Round, and with a Primus plastic gas cannister Stand, very stable. A bit Wobbly without one.
 JIMBO 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Choss:

I'd go with that too. Pocket rocket but I'd spend a few pounds extra on the MSR canister stand - really good, much better and more versatile than the plastic ones.
 Choss 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Flat4matt:

If its windy, i find a Free, weighs next to nothing, windshield along these Lines helps with my pocket rocket.

http://outdoorkopitiam.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/diy-heat-reflector-cum-windsh...

Skol 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Flat4matt:

Pocket rocket is good but not very stable. I make it more secure with a cable tie around the canister and a couple of tent pegs through this into the ground.
 Nigel Modern 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Flat4matt:

I think the Rockets now have a competitor...Alpkit Kraku. First try out tonight...
 martinph78 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Nigel Modern:

> I think the Rockets now have a competitor...

They have had for ages: http://www.fieldandtrek.com/camping/cooking/camping-stoves

Both rockets are on sale and, importantly, in stock at the above.
 Nigel Modern 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Martin1978:

Point taken about 'in stock'! First batch of Krakus have all gone...yesterday
In reply to Flat4matt:

I've Used Both not really much in it, Newer Micro Rocket is a little Neater and I think slightly more efficient with the burner closer to the pots, Another Great wee Burner is the Optimus Crux u can pick one up for £25 on eBay easily
 Nigel Modern 04 Jan 2014
In reply to Flat4matt:

In fairness to Alpkit I should mention that it looks like the unavailability of the Kraku was due to a website glitch. They appear to be available now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...