UKC

FS: MSR Hubba Hubba 2 Man Tent

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 jameshiggins 01 Jan 2014
premier post photo
Price: £260 (postage free of charge)

The MSR Hubba Hubba is a light and roomy versatile tent designed for 2 people also with plenty of room for gear storage. The Hubba Hubba uses a unique pole configuration to provide maximum room.

This outstanding tent is quick and easy to set up with an all-in-one hub-and-swivel pole design that is strong and simple to use. A good 3 Season tent made with durable materials that boasts 2 porches/entrances that provides independent access and storage for two people. It comes complete with a "gear loft".

There are numerous pitching options as shown on the following Youtube link: youtube.com/watch?v=niTLxy2kP2I&

MSR give the following details:
•Sleeps 2 persons plus gear
•Floor & Vestibule Area - 29 + 17.5sq.ft / 2.8 + 1.6sq. m
•Interior Peak Height - 40in / 100cm
•Minimum Weight: - 3lbs 11oz / 1.7kg
•Packaged Weight: - 4lbs 4oz /1.93kg
•Hydrostatic head 10,000mm
•Flysheet material 20D x 330T ripstop nylon 66
•Mesh material 20D nylon mesh
•Groundsheet material 40D x 238T ripstop nylon
•Pack size: 51cm x 17.7cm
•Added Protection - less mesh & more fabric in tent body means more protection for spring, autumn & alpine climates.

I have used this tent for a two week trip only and it is in immaculate condition.

It comes complete with a ground sheet protector which would normally cost approximately £50.

The tent cost me about £400

I am selling as my wife is not particularly enthusiastic about camping and a two-person tent is no longer required. I am in the market for a solo tent!

Please contact me if you have any questions!

Jim
OP jameshiggins 02 Jan 2014
In reply to geordiepie:

Dear Geordiepie.

Many thanks for including that link on my for sale post. Presumably you are not interested in the item I have for sale.

The tent for sale at Hill and Dale does appear to be an absolute bargain and is certainly much cheaper than the price I paid for mine!

You might not have realised but the Hill and Dale tent is a lighter weight version of the one I am selling. You will see from their photo that the inner tent is almost entirely mesh, which is not particularly suited to the British climate (you will be bloody frozen whenever there is a slight breeze).

My tent is the heavier weight version with much less mesh on the inner tent (but still plenty to provide good ventilation).

The Hill and Dale tent does not include a groundsheet protector, although I see they are selling them for £30, making the complete package £273

That being said, there is clearly a large difference in prize and to acknowledge this I would be prepared to consider sensible offers.

Kind regards

Jim
 geordiepie 02 Jan 2014
In reply to jameshiggins:

Hi....yep didn't realise it was the HP version you were advertising. I have the HP version and clicked on your post as I'm keeping an eye out for a replacement fly...previous link removed for you
OP jameshiggins 03 Jan 2014

Just to clarify, the tent mentioned above which is for sale at Hill and Dale Hill is the lightweight Hubba Hubba. They also sell the same version as mine (Hubba Hubba HP) for £340 reduced from £420(excluding groundsheet protector).

Jim
Koper 04 Jan 2014

Did you have warranty?
OP jameshiggins 04 Jan 2014
In reply to Koper:

There is no specific warranty but I suspect MSR offer a warranty regardless of whether the tent has been registered with them.

Jim
Koper 04 Jan 2014

Its your final price? Please answer on my mail.
OP jameshiggins 05 Jan 2014

Sold
 Martin Bennett 06 Jan 2014

In spite of the attempted sabotage of your sale! Glad to hear it - whoever bought a Hubba Hubba HP will be well pleased.
 Ian Blackwell 12 Jan 2014
In reply to geordiepie:

Hello, forgive me butting in on your post but i could not help noticing the fact that you are on the lookout for a replacement Hubba Hubba HP flysheet .
I have one that you may be interested in - it was damaged but has now been repaired successfully using some flexible waterproof glue .
To cut a long story short while i was cycle touring in Norway during packing the tent away it blew away , ended up in the sea and was fished out by some fishermen , but the fly was torn in 3 places .
A local ships chandler sold me some glue for repairing sails and it worked and is fully watertight again .
I have since purchased the last replacement flysheet that first ascent could get to replace it but the repaired one is just sitting in my gear shed , so if its any good to you let me know -
Regards
Ian

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...