UKC

An Evening with Eric Jones - 20th January 2014

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Overhang 02 Jan 2014
premier post photo
Come to this brilliant talk by the legend Eric Jones titled The Ups and Downs of a Tremadog Tea maker

The lecture will start at 7pm on the 20th of January at the Stamford Street lecture Theatre, Waterloo, London. It is approximately a 5 minute walk from Waterloo Station. He will be talking about his 50 years of his climbing, sky diving and base jumping and will be available to ask questions and have a chat with after.

http://overhangclimbing.com/products/eric-jones-talk-20th-january-2014-the-...
annejacob 02 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

I am excited about Eric coming down to London. Should be very interesting. In support of Climbers Against cancer too! I am definitely there!
jasonpather 04 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

This should be really great. Just saw him in a BBC documentary too. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03mp9gp/hd/Endeavour_Everest_By_Ballo...

It is rare to hear from a man who has explored so much.
In reply to Overhang:

Do you know if he is doing any other talks?
Overhang 05 Jan 2014
In reply to Christheclimber:

As far as we know this is the only talk he is doing.......it takes a special occasion to tempt Eric away from his Cafe. Hope to see you there Christheclimber
 jobyid 05 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

Sounds great I will be there.
Jayanta 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

I am excited...will definitely attend.
 sdavies141 07 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

I have seen Eric doing a talk in Bangor about 10 years ago and it was great, whoever is organising this would Eric be up for a talk in the North?
Overhang 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Sambo:

I am sure he would. For us to organise it we would need to know there was enough interest. Where would you suggest we do it? Otherwise We can always pass on your details if you had plans to organise one. Let us know.
 Mick Ward 08 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

So much integrity, so much character in that face.

Mick
jasonpather 11 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

Just bought my tickets!!!!
 Jamie Hageman 14 Jan 2014
In reply to jasonpather:

Here's Leo Dickinson's excellent film of Eric's solo of the 1938 route on the Eiger - youtube.com/watch?v=5d9avT0R-qk&
loveclimbing 16 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

I got my ticket! I can't wait! Yay...
 Co1in H 21 Jan 2014
In reply to loveclimbing: So did you go?
I got back to the north an hour ago. well worth the trip. Excellent. let's hope his book comes to fruition.

Simon4 22 Jan 2014
In reply to Overhang:

Eric was very laid-back and self-deprecatory, particularly about his Alpine contribution. Yet he did the first (solo), ascent of the central Brouillard pillar, which has to be a major achievement in anybodies' book.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...