UKC

Crag pants.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mwr72 02 Jan 2014
A few years back I had a pair pf TNF A5 series crag pants. These were the best climbing pants I had owned and used them until they basically fell to bits.

TNF no longer make the pants so I'm looking for the closest thing to the TNF A5 series pant.

Any recommendations?
 tmawer 02 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

Any cheap pair from your local charity shop, you really can climb in just about any
 Yanis Nayu 02 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

I wear trousers.
OP mwr72 02 Jan 2014
In reply to tmawer:

I already have some pants to climb in, Moon Cypher, but they really are the pits!
I'm looking for something as close to the A5 series as I can find, they are incredibly hard wearing (thing scooter accident and not even a scuff!).
 martinph78 02 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

I've got some from Metolious that are really, really hard wearing. Don't remember the model though, but sure someone will (they are a bit of a classic I think).

Otis 03 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

MEC river pants are the best trousers going. Comfortable, practical, quick drying and borderline indestructible (my first pair are still going after 13 years).

The only slight glitch is that you have to go to Canada to but them

Mike.
 petenebo 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Dave Ferguson:

Irresistible! Ah! I recall that heady day; you bridging off the ledge, me paying rapt attention.....

That you Dave?...Dave?!!
 Aigen 03 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

Everyone knows ukc forum is not a good place to ask for advice regarding gear, as you just get stupid comments from posters.
 ripper 03 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

Suprised nobody's mentioned Ron Hills yet....

although personally I prefer Troll Omnis
Cambridge-Climber 03 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:
Lycra tights, that's where it's at dude!

Gazlynn 03 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

I agree with you regarding the moon cypher pants.

They are a bit pricey but have a look at the e9 pants. If you trawl the net you can sometimes get them in a sale.

cheers

Gaz

Robert Durran 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Aigen:

> Everyone knows ukc forum is not a good place to ask for advice regarding gear, as you just get stupid comments from posters.

No, it is an excellent place. The mistake is inviting ridicule by calling trousers pants.
In reply to Dave Ferguson:

Ah but the crag at Jack Scout Cove is also pants.
 alan barnes 03 Jan 2014
I call trousers pants, and under my pants I wear my underpants.
Does pants come from the French for trousers pantalon?

In reply to mwr72:

Anything in brown.
 Dave Ferguson 04 Jan 2014
In reply to harold walmsley:
> (In reply to Dave Ferguson)
>
> Ah but the crag at Jack Scout Cove is also pants.

its Lancashire's premier sea cliff venue and therefore by definition can't be regarded as pants, if you had said warton small quarry, well yes that is pants.

OP mwr72 04 Jan 2014
In reply to All(inc the jokers ):

Thanks for the suggestions, I guess there's now a few to have a look at and try on.
 Fredt 09 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

I found these mountain pants, any good?

http://tinyurl.com/qezu2ga
 nniff 09 Jan 2014
In reply to alan barnes:

Be that like if you must. But do you wear a jumper or a vest and, if so, where?

Do you wear over-trousers, over-pants, waterproof pants or waterproof trousers?

And yes, 'pants' is derived from pantalon, via pantaloon.

Trousers is derived from trouse or trews, and is therefore altogther more acceptable
 Kassius 09 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

A borat mankini all ways go's down well at my local. Or decathalon do some good cheap ones
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

Ronnies! The ultimate flexible pantaloons
 GridNorth 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

I can't make my mind up which looks worse when it comes to Ron Hills and I'm talking about the classic blue ones with the red stripe here, skin tight on a big fat arse and a bulging crotch or hanging baggy on skinny legs. Neither is a good look and there should be a ban on selling them to climbers over a certain age.
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

Hey! I still look svelte in mine!
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Fredt:

RE Livefortheoutdoors.co.uk...are they extant? Had an email bounced back from their sales address
 keith sanders 13 Jan 2014
In reply to mwr72:

Stone Monkey leggings for me so good I still have 8 pairs in different lenghts and colours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...