Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Clothing colour on the mountain

crayefish - on 06 Jan 2014
So this is a topic I like to bring up. Do people have preferred colours on the mountain or you just buy a jacket/trousers etc and not worry about the colour?

I have long been an advocate of being as bright as possible on the mountain (EVERY item of clothing from base/mid layers to outers is bright yellow - hence why people call me the mountain banana) because it means you're far more likely to be spotted night and day if there is a problem and you need to be rescued. Or even just maintaining better visual contact in poor visibility.

But I see many people going up in almost all black gear. I find this strange. Admittedly for a while in the 2000's mountaineering gear didn't come in bright colours generally but manufacturers seem to be making some brighter colours now. Still almost impossible to find yellow mind you.

What are people's thoughts on this?
... not showing 38 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums