UKC

Is Ben Wyvis white?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim Chappell 09 Jan 2014
One plan I'm thinking of is a cheeky tour there this Saturday. But not if it's not in nick.

Can anyone see it, please?
 James Edwards 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Tim Chappell:

it has been in cloud quite a lot so i havent seen it for a while. it did have good cover up top but a big walk to get up to it. No info from the last few days im afraid.
James
Tim Chappell 09 Jan 2014
In reply to James Edwards:

Thanks, James. Is it in the clag today?
 James Edwards 09 Jan 2014

im in inverness, but i have rang my wife and she said it has been in the cloud all day.
james
 Mark Bull 09 Jan 2014
Looks rather claggy to me!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/highlandsandislands/trafficcameras/traffics...

There was good cover high up in the area last week, but you would have had to walk up to around 600m to get to anything usefully skiable.
Post edited at 15:26
 DaveHK 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Mark Bull:

> > There was good cover high up in the area last week, but you would have had to walk up to around 600m to get to anything usefully skiable.

This is often the case with Wyvis especially if approaching from Garbat. Those west facing slopes are often scoured meaning you need to gain a lot of height on foot.

The upper part of Coire na Feola can be the savior of a day up there as it holds the snow well and offers a number of lines of different angles with a short skin back up (or carry up with your DH skis in your case Tim!).

Tim Chappell 09 Jan 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

Thanks. Coire na Feola is, in fact, my plan
Clauso 09 Jan 2014

Racist.
Tim Chappell 09 Jan 2014
In reply to Clauso:

I like blacks too. Heck, I'll even ski reds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...