UKC

Sport Climbing Destination for a short long weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TheGeneralist 11 Jan 2014
I'm looking to take a day off work and try to get a weekend sport climbing somewhere sunnier. The problem is that I have very limited time available and can't find anything which would give 3 days on the rock for one days holiday (Wheeler Ratio =3)

The only sun rock trip I've done in years was a 4 day weekend to Oman. Took two days annual leave and managed to get 4 days climbing, including 2 days DWS in early December. BUT the recover period was hard so I want something closer to home.

any suggestions?
 john arran 12 Jan 2014
In reply to TheGeneralist:

Well if you lived further south you could climb easily in Ariège as there are 3 Easyjet flights a day from Gatwick to Toulouse, including really quite early and late ones, and the best climbing is near Tarascon, which is about 75 minutes drive from the airport. A bit tricky from Manchester though unless you really like driving.
 kylo-342 12 Jan 2014
In reply to john arran:

El Chorro has pretty easy access - 1hr drive from Malaga airport, for which there are loads of flights.
 scott titt 12 Jan 2014

Early finish on a Friday, fly Ryanair from Manchester to Trapani (starts end March) return late Monday, three full days at San Vito Lo Capo.
Just got back with some friends who were there 7-11 Jan and climbed 37 routes in hot sun!
 jas wood 12 Jan 2014

Costa Blanca with flights to either Murcia or Alicante is an obvious contender.
 Simon Alden 12 Jan 2014

Malta and Gozo..new sport climbing guidebook has just been published. Temp currently 19deg
 Marcus99 18 Jan 2014
Check out the Orange House in Costa Blanca
 Sam Mayfield 19 Jan 2014

We have had people come to just climb for the weekend, arrive late Friday, climb Sat and Sunday, late flights back Sunday night.

Does depend on airports close to your home though!

We usually always have people around here to climb with.

Sam Orange House
 LeeWood 19 Jan 2014

Lleida zone. Try out the new bunkhouse in Abella de la Conca - opens March 1st.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...