UKC

Sandy bay 'crag' south Devon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 12 Jan 2014
Can anyone Provide the details for

Parking
Approach
Tidalness

cheers ta.
 KDhruev 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Choss:

Hi,
To park you drive through the holiday park, there is a guy at the gate who will open it for you , just say your going down to the beach. There is then a car park (I think seasonal pay and display) above the beach.
From the beach head left (facing out to sea) the stack is not in view from the beach. your approach is pretty tide dependant. I went out about an hour and a half after high tide and managed to get away with wading in water waist deep and traversing (probably about F5). Coming back it was about mid tide and only had to go up to the shins in water. I would recommend not being as stupid as I and head out at mid and back on a low tide. The approach itself is probably about 200-300m but this took me a good 45min to cover on the way out. From the beach head left across the rock ledges to the point, from around the point you can see the stack on the other side of a small (very small) cove. Basically just keep following the cliff edge.
I won't spoil any of the fun by writing about the route. Have fun, it awesome!!
 andrewmc 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Choss:

This is, I believe, the APPROXIMATE location of the stacks (I haven't actually been there)

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=303706&y=79441&z=115&sv=30...
 dunnyg 14 Jan 2014
The arch can be seen on google maps on the satellite viewing. On the W side of the second spur to the east of the beach are 2 blocks, right up against the cliff. Kamin no.5 is the line you can see (even from space...)
 BALD EAGLE 14 Jan 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...