The Climbing Academy Glasgow is now looking to fill a Shop and Duty Manager position. The role will be contracted for 130 hours every 4 weeks at a salary of around £16,000. Further cover and instructional work may be available to allow these hours to be extended to 150 hours every 4 weeks. You will be expected to work mid-week, evening and weekend hours.
As our Shop Manager you will take a leading role in organising the in centre shop, managing stock, pricing, meeting sales reps, setting up shop events and sales, training staff, managing the online store, working closely with our other online shop team, providing social media content together with other retail related administration tasks. Sales within the centre and online are growing steadily and you will be responsible for ensuring this continues and improves each year.
As a Duty Manager you will be responsible for opening and closing the centre and ensuring a safe and efficient operation during opening hours. This will include keeping the centre clean and tidy, upholding all TCA health and safety policies, cashing up, assisting in the operation and management of a cafe, managing and training reception staff along with promoting a good atmosphere throughout the centre in order to satisfy all our customers.
• A climber with experience in the climbing/outdoor retail industry.
• First-hand experience in ordering and management of stock.
• Experience of website sales.
• Experience in data handling and reporting.
• Outward focused and enthusiastic.
• Interested in sales data and able to act on it.
• Initiative and mature.
• Well organised and disciplined.
• Relate to people and the desire to provide a warm, friendly and all inclusive atmosphere to all TCA customers.
• Good web skills.
• Excel and Word.
• Able to interpret and use data.
• Good people skills and previous people management is beneficial.
• Experience of using an electronic till system.
• The applicant should hold a current first aid certificate.
If you are interested and feel you meet the requirements for this role please provide a brief one page cover letter explaining your suitability and motivation for the position along with a CV. All cover letters and CVs should be sent to Rob Sutton by email at email@example.com no later than Friday 24th January 2014. Successful applicants will be asked for an interview on either Wednesday 29th January or Thursday 30th August 2014 so please ensure availability on these days.