UKC

Replace anasazi pinks with blancos ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Reeve 15 Jan 2014
I have a pair of anasazi pinks in great condition with good edges on the sole etc. I normally climb in verdes so the pinks only get used for the odd hard route, which is why they're in good condition still.

I've got a 4 week trip coming up where I aim to try some hard thin face routes so the pinks will be coming along. They are not that comfortable as you'd expect from a high performance shoe so they'll need getting used to again.

As the pinks are an old design now I was considering whether to get a pair of blancos instead and getting used to them or is there only a marginal difference between them ? If anyone has climbed with both types of shoes I'd appreciate your comments - advice..
 Skyfall 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Dave Reeve:

or get the new pinks! (not sure if you would find a pair in time)

the whites are a lot stiffer and considered more techie (eg. thin edges) than the greens (which I am not that keen on).

I will be having a look at the new pinks myself...

UKB Shark 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Dave Reeve:

For thin face routes the blancos will be perfect
 alooker 15 Jan 2014
In reply to Dave Reeve:

New pinks out in feb I think. I hear that they will be replacing both the greens and whites from the five ten line.

Whites will be great for thin face routes, depends on when you go but maybe you'll be able to get some cheap when they get replaced by the pinks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...