UKC

Ski touring - Schladming

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iccy 20 Jan 2014

Morning all,

I'm getting very tempted by a first trip ski touring in the alps this winter and a friend has suggested Schladming. Is that a good recommendation?

I've skiied quite a lot and am pretty comfortable on any terrain, but I don't know what to look for in a good ski touring destination. Does the collective have any recommendations or advice?

iccy
OP iccy 20 Jan 2014
In reply to iccy:

Bump

Does lack of response imply that it's crap?
 earlsdonwhu 20 Jan 2014
In reply to iccy:

Can't help on Schladming but think about whether you are looking at day tours eg off the lift system or multi-day tours staying in the huts.

There are lots of possibilities but the popular areas are popular for good reason. Have a look at the itineraries proposed by eg Mountaintracks or Pyrenean Mountain Tours to get ideas for multi-day trips and their relative difficulties.
In reply to iccy:

I have only been to Schladming in the summer but looks like it has great potential for all ski activities.

If you contact Andy and Lorraine who run a guiding/accomodation service there they should be able top advise you.

http://www.austrian-alpine-apartments.com/Austrian_Alpine_Apartments/Welcom...
 tim000 20 Jan 2014
In reply to iccy:

i have just come back from a week snowboarding in schladming . if you are looking for a hotel the staddtor is good. very warm when we were there . one morning it was 14 deg at the top of the lifts just short of 2000m
nigeo 23 Jan 2014
In reply to iccy:

Hello mate. Been to schladming twice, we go as a group of 4 and loved it, plenty to go at and great lift system.
 banason 23 Jan 2014
In reply to iccy:

Hi Iccy,
I've never been skiing or ski touring in Schladming but have a look at the Austrian version of UKC. Unfortunately it's only in German but I'm sure you will be able to get some information out of it.

http://www.bergsteigen.com/skitour#lat=47.460153834635&lng=13.715399816...

From what I hear from friends and family, all in Tyrol, it isn't a great winter at all.
b.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...