UKC

Some advice please...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mataius 23 Jan 2014
I have a Scott genius MC40 from 2005/2006 and it looks like it's going cost me £130 ish to replace the pivot bolts.

So my question is... Do I repair it (as I love the bike) and risk the frame going or some other costly repairs in the future, given it's age. Or do I buy a new (well second hand) bike and sell the parts of my old on to offset the cost (found a bit of a bargain for around the £400/500 mark)

I'm torn... any advice welcome.

Thanks

Matt
 Tom Hutton 23 Jan 2014
In reply to mataius:

Tough one! Bikes have come a long way in the last 7 years...

I can't see the parts being worth that much tbh so maybe maybe keep it and buy the new one

Decide whether to replace the pivot bolts after you've ridden the new one!

Good luck
T_Mac 23 Jan 2014
In reply to mataius:

I guess it really depends on what you want out of the bike in terms of performance. The genius was a good (if a little weird looking) design in its day but things have moved on a lot since then. I'd be inclined to trade up for a new(er) more trail dialled set up. Even bikes of the same travel as the genius are far more fun to ride now as the geometry norms have changed.
Longer travel rigs are more all day rideable than they've ever been and will offer loads more versatility than a 7/8 year old, fairly steep, short XC all rounder.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...