Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Wiggys vs North Face vs Mountain Hardwear -30C Sleeping bag

purplemonkeyelephant - on 25 Jan 2014
Hey all,

Another cold weather gear question. Trying to figure out which sleeping bag to take to Siberia. It might drop to -30C and I want something decent. I also want it synthetic for a variety of reasons. I have narrowed it down to a rough 3 - MH Lamina -30, North Face Dark Star -40, and now I'm looking at some Wiggys gear.

After reading this blog on Wiggy's website (http://wiggys.com/legacy/jan13.cfm ) it certainly put me off Lamina bags, despite their good reputation. The Dark Star looks good and I was almost about to buy it but is this Wiggy's stuff any good? It looks like the usual small company, well made gear but is it as special as their hype makes it out to be? They say if the bag loses ANY loft in the lifetime of the product they will replace your bag. Considering the fragility of many synthetics it sounds tempting, though I'm not sure if I buy it, but perhaps some of you have tried their stuff?

Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated!

... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums