UKC

Another recommend me a ski question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 25 Jan 2014
I know this question has been asked many times, I have used the search but still undecided! Besides, its a good conversation for gear geeks!

I'm after my first pair of ski's which of course, I want them to do everything. I'll be taking them on a resort trip once a year, skiing/touring in scotland throughout winter and hopefully taking them to chamonix to get between the midi and the routes and sometimes down the VB. So, asking a lot for a single ski setup! I already know I want touring bindings and I rather like the look of the new Vipec as it has a safety release mechanism.

Ski wise, I've narrowed it down to things like the K2 Coomback (worried it maybe a little heavy for touring and powder orientated for scotland) or the BD Aspect and La Sportiva Lo5 (can't seem to find these in the UK). Any help, opinions or just telling me this is a bad idea would be appreciated to guide to an option!
 Dark-Cloud 26 Jan 2014
In reply to joe.91:
Coomback seems to be a good all rounder used by a lot of folk, might be a bit big in radius for a piste week, would be a bit of a handful in the bumps, add the Salomon Q98 to your list.
Post edited at 09:55
In reply to joe.91:

Rossignol Sin 7. Very turny radius (16m), pretty good on piste and one of the lighter weight fat skis (98mm) around that's still stiff enough to ski properly.

I've got the Soul 7s and they are very very impressive. Don't be afraid of going a bit longer than normal, the rocker takes off about 10cm length of a normal feeling ski.
In reply to joe.91:
K2 Hardside? Atomic Aspect (lighter, more flex)? Have a good look at Sport Conrad - Hardside for 299 euros.
Post edited at 16:16
 DaveHK 26 Jan 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:
I like my Hardsides a lot but don't really have much to compare them to. With a dynafit binding they are not too heavy. As pointed out they can be had cheap.
Post edited at 17:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...