Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - iPhone Protective Cases

Andy Cloquet - on 02 Feb 2014
Any 'real', experienced-backed advice on shockproof / waterproof cases for iPhone4s?
I was about to buy an Otterbox (went to the genuine site as reviews on Amazon suggested that the products listed there were generally fake) and then found awful reviews regarding the call / sound quality. I imagine this is a problem with most encapsulated phones...unless you know different.
So far I know of 'casemarine's' products and the Defender / Armor models from Otterbox.
I am a wee bit wary of using a shockproof casing and then putting the phone (when required) into a sealed waterproof bag because one of my phones was treated that way and there must have been some damp between the case and phone or possibly in the bag which couldn't air out and after a lengthy time in the bag the damp had penetrated my phone to the point of knackering it - an iPhone only needs to see 1cc of fluid to potentially destroy it!
My experience of damaging a phone is far higher than my knowledge of protecting one, so your help please.
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums