Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Gloves a bit warmer than ME Guides?

Taurig - on 03 Feb 2014
Right, I've used a pair of Mountain Equipment Guide gloves for the past couple of years, and they're OK. But, especially after a bit of use and the pile compacting, I've never found them all that warm. I do get colder hands easier than most, and I find myself needing to use a pair of liner gloves to boost the warmth. I've also never really found them to be all that waterproof (and yes, I am aware gloves rarely are and you sweat in them, but even so).

Just looking for some recommendations for some gloves that will fulfill the same duties but are a good bit more insulated? I do winter walking, scrambling and low end gullies so dexterity isn't as big an issue as it is for some. As long as I can use a screwgate and turn a compass bezel that's fine, I'm not going to be torquing away on an overhang somewhere.

I've seen the ME Couloir and the Marmot Exum Guide which may be what I'm after? I've not tried them in person though and it's a fair wedge of cash for gloves that will only get used for a few months a year, so looking for some reviews or options.
... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums