UKC

FS: Easyjet Edinburgh-Geneva Return 13-20 Feb

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 septic 04 Feb 2014
Price: £190
Hello -

One seat on a flight from Edinburgh to Geneva, out on 13 Feb returning 20 Feb. Includes one checked bag in addition to the usual carry on bag.

Buyer will of course have to pay the fee to change the name.

Let me know if you have any queries.
 andy 06 Feb 2014
In reply to septic:

Doesn't the buyer have to pay the difference between this and the current fare?
 Neil Williams 07 Feb 2014
In reply to andy:
Yes, I was going to post this. So it only makes sense where the fare is higher than the change fee, £35 each way, and the person offering the flight for sale is charging less than they paid for it. The saving will be the difference between what it cost and what the OP is charging.

The reason for this is to stop touts buying up flights and flogging them on, by the way, not just to be customer-unfriendly. Sometimes I wish it was true of gig tickets.

Neil
Post edited at 16:20
 andy 09 Feb 2014
In reply to Neil Williams:
I've just screwed up by cancelling 6 flights, and asked for the £60 taxes to be refunded, which those nice folks at FlyBE did - minus a £25 admin fee per person, per flight - so I got a tenner per head back. As the flights are now about £300 more than I paid for them both i and a potential buyer could have done a lot better by changing names - still, you live and learn...
 Neil Williams 09 Feb 2014
In reply to andy:

With most airlines, it is change fee PLUS the difference to the current fare. So the thing you'd be selling would be the value already in the tickets, which then would need to be "topped up" when doing the name change.

So if the OP was selling flights worth £300 for £200, the flight now costs £600, and the change fee is £50, the saving for anyone buying is £50 (they pay £200 + £350 to change = £550 total). Not £350.

Complicated...?

Neil
 andy 09 Feb 2014
Yep, understand that - i had tickets that cost me (say) £200. The price now is £500, the transfer fee is £80 per flight - so the cost to transfer is £380. If I could sell them for £480, so the buyer is (say) £20 better off than booking new flights and I get £100 a flight. I'm better off right down to selling them at £391 compared to getting a tenner back for the tax.

I think...
Post edited at 22:51
 Neil Williams 10 Feb 2014
In reply to andy:

No. The buyer would lose unless you sold them for below (face value - change fee).

So if they cost £200, the transfer fee is £80, the buyer only gains anything if you sell them for £120 or less regardless of what they are now worth.

Neil
 andy 11 Feb 2014
I'm confused (not difficult). In my example FlyBE would want £380 to transfer (£300 extra fare plus £80 transfer fee), woukdn't they? They'd want £500 for a brand new flight. I sell for £480 and pay FlyBE £380 and keep £100. The buyer's bought a slightly cheaper flight and I get £100.

Why aren't we both ahead?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...