UKC

Fork and Shock Servicing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Maurice52 05 Feb 2014
Just had both my Forks and Shock Serviced by Prime Cycle Repair, great price and service. Based in the Lakes www.primecyclerepair.co.uk
 wilkesley 06 Feb 2014
In reply to Maurice52:

Wow a "Shocks and Awe" post.

I'll get my coat
 The Potato 06 Feb 2014
In reply to Maurice52:

i must say ive had my forks for 7 years and never been serviced, they just get rinsed and lubed after every ride
 gethin_allen 13 Feb 2014
In reply to ow arm:

With forks at the more reasonable end of the scale there is a balance to be struck at how much you spent of servicing compared to the lifespan and the cost of just buying a new set if or when they expire. Considering it's £92 to have a set of rocksox recon TF tuned and you can get a new set for ~£200.
 martinph78 03 Mar 2014
In reply to gethin_allen:

My forks need new bushes and I'm looking at doing it myself due to some of the high charges quoted for repairs. I'm struggling to find parts for Manitou Mars Elites though (the 2003-ish model with 80mm, disc compatible, with short boots).

Still cheaper than buying new forks though, and better for the environment, and if you like your existing forks (like I do) it's hard to change.
 gethin_allen 03 Mar 2014
In reply to Martin1978:

I'm not surprised you are struggling to find parts for a 11 year old fork, parts for new forks are usually quite hard to find.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...