UKC

holiday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dioliahary 09 Feb 2014
Hi looking at booking a holiday with a difference this year, finally convinced my wife that we should consider something different to a package hol.
So here we go the criteria
Warm, pool or beach nearby, good walking , biking not too fussed about location, mountainous scenery
One caveat my son has learning difficulties and we need to tailor the hol so the activities are not too strenuous, we are searching but would like to draw on others experiences experiences.
Any ideas..
 IMA 09 Feb 2014
In reply to dioliahary:
Where have you been before? I would always suggest somewhere completely new. Lake Garda sprung to mind, though it does have plenty of package options.

Pretty close to airports should you not wish long travel distances. Verona is close , Venice is kind of close (I wouldn't suggest it from here) Mountains with lots of trails and bike hire, also a gondola up, if feeling lazy.

Croatia isn't a bad shout

I love Provence Cote d'Azur, has lots of ways to escape as well as the infrastructure to ensure you can relax by a beach.

You may want further afield but something to get the ball rolling.

May be worth looking at the various outdoor type (climbing, cycling etc) based apartments that people run, may be able to help cater to anything you require. No idea if these guys are right or even in the right location but examples would be Enty's place or the Orange House, and I am sure there are lots of others on here and maybe in better locations for you.
Post edited at 22:11
 Sam Mayfield 10 Feb 2014
In reply to dioliahary:

Depending on when you wanted to come we might be able to help.

The Orange House climbing season finishes at the end of April but we continue working with clients right through May and June when its great temps! not too hot etc.

We have other accommodation if all is booked here at the main house and have access to some really nice flats and houses that might suit.

If you want me details please email the office at info@theorangehouse.co.uk

Sam Orange
 Heike 10 Feb 2014
In reply to dioliahary:
Provence, Corsica, Dolomites, Turkey, Pyrennees, Croatia, Slovenia, just a few of the top of my head
OP dioliahary 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Heike:

Thank you food for thought

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...