UKC

Which chain lube?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 the sheep 17 Feb 2014
Hopefully a simple question, I now lovely new road bike, so the question is whats the best chain lube to use on it?
I will be mainly riding it in dry weather (old bike for when its crap)if that makes a difference.
Cheers.
 The Potato 17 Feb 2014
In reply to the sheep:

i use finishline dry lube on my roadbike
SethChili 17 Feb 2014
In reply to the sheep:

Green Oil .
It works , it is environmentally friendly and won't do nasty stuff to your skin if you spill it on yourself . Made in the UK too .
The original chain lube is good in typical British weather , but if you are only going to be using the bike on more clement days then their White chain wax is more high performance .

From other brands , anything teflon based is usually a good bet . Weldtite springs to mind .
 sleavesley 17 Feb 2014
In reply to the sheep:

White lightening epic.

All info on it here http://www.whitelightningco.com/products/epic.htm
 Tom Hutton 17 Feb 2014
In reply to sleavesley:

+1 for white lightening
 LastBoyScout 17 Feb 2014
In reply to ow arm:

I use various flavours of the Finish Line ones, depending on conditions and bike - road or mtb.
 Strachan 17 Feb 2014
In reply to the sheep:

Pedros Ice Wax every time- is a bit of effort to apply but is really thick and works a treat. As none is wasted on application (it doesn't drip), a bottle lasts forever too! (my current bottle should make a year and I ride almost every day)
 Richard Carter 18 Feb 2014
In reply to the sheep:
I like Muc-Off C3 Dry at the moment. A largeish (120ml) bottle is nearly £11 so it's not the cheapest, but it's pretty good, I like it. Comes with a funky little UV torch and the lube glows in UV so you can check everything is coated. I sometimes use 'Muc-Off C3 Wet' which is pretty good (obviously for the wet) but not really needed it this year.

Just one point, after applying the lube you're supposed to wait a few hours. Don't know if this is important to you or not. I usually clean then lub my bike after a ride so it's not normally a problem for me. I'm not sure why you're supposed to wait, I didn't bother reading that far :-P

Previously I used finish line ceramic, was ok, prefer the C3 though.
Post edited at 10:16
OP the sheep 18 Feb 2014
In reply to Richard Carter:
I clean and lube after a ride so drying time is not a problem 😊

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...