UKC

Remoulding Liners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nemo9 23 Feb 2014
Have just bought a pair of second hand Dynafit Zzero4 PX boots with heat mouldable Palau liners. Does anyone have any experience or advice on remoulding them at home. Have searched the net but there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions and advice.

Would really like to hear from anyone who has actually done this.

Cheers, Dave
 LucaC 23 Feb 2014
In reply to DaveHK:

I used the misses hair dryer. Padded the areas of my feet I wanted extra space for with padding and tape, heated the boot as hot as I dared (slightly melted one inners cuff!), a pair of socks over the padded foot and then strapped in tight. Worked a treat on my dyna tlt5s, and I did them again after the first trip to tweak the fit a little more. I found I really had to over pad my heel to get a good moulded fit.
 Oceanic 23 Feb 2014
In reply to Nemo9:
I've done it a few times. I loosely followed the advice in the link posted above.

Best advice I can give is to clean the oven first and keep checking every 60 seconds so that you see the liners soften as they get to the right temperature.

On my feet I wore ski socks, with two toe caps made from the toes of old wool socks. I pulled a pair of womens knee high tights over the top of the socks to hold them in place.

One of the times I lifted my toes up by standing on a couple of books, this certainly didn't make things worse, and may have helped the heel pockets to form.

Final tip, do one boot at a time, less to worry about.

My girlfriend was a bit shocked when she looked in my oven and noticed that I'd cleaned it.
Post edited at 20:55
 xoran 25 Feb 2014
In reply to Nemo9:

The instructions with my Palau liners say to cook them at 110 deg C for between 5 & 8 minutes. It also says they should be molded a maximum of twice...
OP Nemo9 27 Feb 2014
In reply to Nemo9:

Thanks for the advice guys. Will give it a go. Don't know if I can bring myself to clean the oven out first though !
 NottsRich 27 Feb 2014
In reply to Nemo9:

I did it with two hair driers and a big cardboard box with a lid. The boot was inside the box, and the lid had a hole in it for the top of the boot to stick out of. Used one heater to heat up the box with the boot inside, and the other one blowing down inside the liner. About 10 minutes of heating and they were nice and floppy (still inside the shell, so no creases trying to get them back inside) and they moulded perfectly. One at a time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...