UKC

Lakes Skiing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe_lancs 04 Mar 2014
If anyone's interested in Lake District ski conditions, here's a short video from yesterday on Helvellyn.

vimeo.com/88115681
 andy 04 Mar 2014
In reply to joe_lancs:
Thanks - looks like fun, and nice film. Quick question (as a new owner of a video camera) - where do you stand legally on using people's music on videos like this? I've just bought a couple of "royalty free" albums of plinky plonky stuff but I often think "that'd be really good with X" but always worry about copyright - are you likely to have problems if you're only really sharing it with mates?
Post edited at 14:44
OP joe_lancs 04 Mar 2014
In reply to andy:

Thanks for the feedback. Re. the music: There's no right to use copyright material, and so if the copyright owner asked me to take it down I would! Most of the time if you upload a video with a copyrighted track to youtube, their system recognises the track and puts in a link to itunes with a warning message to you saying your video may be unavailable in some countries. Cheers, Joe
 andy 04 Mar 2014
In reply to joe_lancs: That's helpful, thanks - so basically whilst it's technically not allowed, all I'd have to do is remove it if asked. I'm probably not worth suing anyway!

Question on the skiing - did you leave sacs and stuff at the top or the bottom? You seemed to be skiing without rucsacs etc

OP joe_lancs 04 Mar 2014
In reply to andy:

That's the same logic I work on. We did the line left of swirral edge a few times so left bags halfway up the ridge to avoid carrying them up and down all day!
In reply to joe_lancs:

Great vid guys...
 Henry Iddon 04 Mar 2014
 John Kelly 04 Mar 2014
In reply to joe_lancs:

Skiing great slab bowfell, yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/NTLakescampsites/posts/728289617192810
OP joe_lancs 05 Mar 2014
In reply to John Kelly:

Great photos (of Paddy Cave?) - it's amazing what a wind-free, blue sky day does for morale!
 John Kelly 05 Mar 2014
In reply to joe_lancs:

Not Paddy but he was in action on Helvellyn headwall

https://www.facebook.com/MOViEiT

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...