UKC

climbing themed gentle walks From Bristol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Choss 07 Mar 2014
Looks Like we are Finally set for a Nice weekend in this Little corner of the Land.

Typically, im carrying an Injury Which i think it would be well not to redo (again), so no Climbing for me, or anything too exerting at all.

However, it would seem a sinful waste of Life not to go out and make the most of it.

So im thinking of a Nice gentle Easygoing walk with the dog somewhere at a crag where i may get to scope out a new crag, Possibly see some climbing, and get a pleasant walk.

Any walk Suggestions fitting Those criteria welcome???

Reasonable Drive From Bristol?
 GDes 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

Do the "cheddar horseshoe". up the south side rim, down to the road at the top of the gorge, back down the north rim. Then go for a pint in Priddy.
 Tony the Blade 07 Mar 2014
In reply to GDes:

> Do the "cheddar horseshoe". up the south side rim, down to the road at the top of the gorge, back down the north rim. Then go for a pint in Priddy.

Yes, this.
OP Choss 07 Mar 2014
In reply to GDes and tony

Thats one good suggestion thanks. How punishing is that Round on sore ribs, ie how Steep? 

JamButty 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

Leigh Woods on the other side of the bridge, nice wooded walks, few viewing points across the water to Avon buttresses?

Or grab a guidebook and go for a nosey along the Wye Valley.

Cheddar still a good bet though
 d_b 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

Something through Goblin Combe perhaps?
OP Choss 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade and Ged:

Think ill have to forego the cheddar horseshoe walk. I need something more level.

Just got Back walking dog on level 5 mileish walk. Even with double dose Paracetamol and codeine tablets and 8 pints of holsten pils to numb the pain, for last quarter i was struggling with the pain. Threw a Whitey From pain, cold as you Like but sweating like hell, trying not to vomit. Bit pain induced trippy, if you Know what i Mean?

Might even have to see quacks about stronger codeine or Tramadol for these Mashed ribs
 The Pylon King 07 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

You sure that wasnt the effects of 8 pints of Holsten Pils!!!!????
OP Choss 07 Mar 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:
> You sure that wasnt the effects of 8 pints of Holsten Pils!!!!????

Yes, thats a Standard Lunch. Its the pain!
Post edited at 18:02
OP Choss 08 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:
Rib... pain... subsiding... down From that eye Popping, Grab hold of something, throw a Whitey, vomiting, Spasming, shock, to copeable everyday pain. Sure they shouldnt grind when getting up Though?

think ill be ok for a Spot of bouldering or Belaying tomorrow.
Post edited at 14:01
OP Choss 09 Mar 2014
In reply to Choss:

Right... Decided...

Going to have a walk with dog and camera up goblin Combe and Bourton combe.

Im not Climbing, but if anyone in Bristol wants a ride down to Grab a couple hours Climbing or bouldering for yourself today, ask... be Leaving middayish.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...